When you feel like you don’t want to continue anymore or that you are too tired to, here are some tips that might help you overcome your tired feelings.
These tips are generated from your responses on this.
1. From how I understand it, tiredness can be physical that often results from ‘working your body or mind too hard.’ For example, when you work long hours that you do not get enough sleep. The second cause of tiredness is when you are emotionally tired. Symptoms of emotional tiredness might include procrastination, depression or lack of concentration. When you feel emotionally tired, try reflecting on the reasons you are and find solutions to them. For example, you might discover that you are emotionally tired because you have lost your reasons for continuing and that the solution is to reflect again on what you want.
2. Take a nap or bath. Sleep helps restore the brain and makes you feel rested. Baths relax muscles, calm your mind, detoxify, moisturize, stimulate circulation and clear your lymph system.
3. Focus on the outcome and what you will accomplish. When you feel tired because you are lost, thinking about the end product(s) can be motivating. It helps redirect your focus.
4. Taking care of yourself. Ways to take care of yourself is to ensure that you monitor how much you are working and how much rest you need. You could do this by keeping record of your daily activities. At the end of the day, go over your records and evaluate them. Determine what changes you could make to be more productive and efficient. Keeping a record also helps overcome procrastination. It increases your focus and awareness. Other ways to take care of yourself is to eat healthily, exercise and hang out with friends.
5. Accept that it’s okay to be tired and drained on some days. Sometimes, we might feel guilty when we aren’t being productive, but if you get pleasure of taking a day off, then go for it. ”Rest up. Tomorrow will just be another day.” ~ Sky Sullivan
6. Look for meanings and inspirations in your work. When you get burnout, think about the values you are providing to others. Remind yourself what it is that you are doing and for what reasons. If the reasons are more for yourself than for others, that works too. Reflect on those. We all have our own needs to fulfill and reminding ourselves of them can keep us motivated and on track.
7. Just Do It. This is where you literally ignore your tiredness and just complete the tasks you’ve set up to do. For example, if you know that you have to go to work and you’re really tired, instead of complaining or calling a day off, just get dress and go.
8. Listen to music or do something that gets your mind off things. When you are bored, listening to music keeps you entertain and helps you perform more efficiently on boring tasks.
This article has attempted to provide tips on overcoming feelings of tiredness. The responses were generated from the comments from some of you guys on FaceBook. Thanks and hope these can help others in similar situations as well.